Student Support Services
We want studying with Swinburne Online to be a really rewarding experience. If you’re working while you’re studying or it’s a while since you’ve studied; if you need help with unit selection or an assignment, with navigating our electronic Blackboard, or managing your time or stress levels, our Student Liaison Officers are available to assist you seven days a week [times].
Call 1300 YES SOL (1300 937 765) or email email@example.com - your 'one-stop-shop' - for:
- language and academic skills support - understanding assignment questions, finding and selecting information, structuring an essay or report, developing an academic argument , writing and editing, referencing . . .
- course advice – selecting units, pre-requisites, unit availability . . .
- IT support related to Blackboard (the University’s Learning Management System) – joining a discussion board, uploading an assignment . . .
- student administration processes and policies - admissions, progression, amendments . . .
- disability support services – referrals for alternative assessment arrangements, adaptive technologies, library services and study support . . .
- counselling – links to advice and support on issues affecting your study or private well-being: mental health, sexual health, financial difficulties, managing study and other commitments, group work, exam anxiety . . . even procrastination and motivation!
- careers and employment – links to job offers, employer websites, career-related articles, information on CV writing, psychometric testing, labour markets . . .
T: 1300 275 794